Following the statement from the Prime Minister on 23rd March 2020, we have updated our policy and practices considering government guidance.
Firstly, we remain open for business. Your garden could be a haven over the next few months in these unprecedented times not seen in generations. Your project is as important to us as it is to you, and we will endeavour to navigate the situation with realism and guidance from the UK Government.
Due to the nature of our work, we work in small teams outside the clients home or place of work , and is not in confined environments and helps reduce the risk associated with the virus. Therefore, we believe we can offer greater assurances to our clients. However, common sense and best practices must be followed to ensure we keep you safe and allow our work to continue without risk to health and therefore, we are implementing the following practices.
- As we are a family business we have our own social bubble which is within the Governments and therefore we are a team of two or three depending on the type of work we are doing.
- We will be carrying disinfectant wipes and wear face masks and gloves off-site when visiting suppliers and clients.
- Lead times on materials will increase due most of all aggregates and supplies now being delivered in a contactless approach.
What does this means for us – We will plan further in advance to ensure your project has materials when expected so the work can continue without interruption.
4. Some materials must be collected in person and merchants, hardware stores and timber suppliers are offering Drive-Thru service with one vehicle at a time.
What does this mean for us – There may be delays arriving at your project if we are waiting for materials due to new safety measures. We will advise you the day before if we are going to a supplier the next day, so you are kept fully informed.
Other measures we are introducing –
- Our landscapers and craftsman do not require any social interaction with you during our time on your project. While many clients like to chat and offer refreshments, we are self-contained and will not request access to the house.
- All meetings can be held remotely through various systems available to us and you. Also, we can meet in your garden and either maintain a strict distance between yourself or talk on the phone while we walk the garden.
- As we work outside, this gives the the ability to work in the fresh air, maintain safe distancing and we are not in confined spaces.
- All sites will remain open and active with a reduced workforce of three or less. In most situations, we will ask our teams to work in teams of two.
- Our supply chain is implementing the required changes to operate safely and keep businesses supplied with materials.
The previous policy, remains active
- All work on existing and future projects continues as usual. Interaction between clients and team members of new and existing projects will be monitored. All clients will be asked if they have travelled overseas since January 2020 or have symptoms of Covid-19; whether they have been in contact with anyone with the symptoms of Covid-19 or whether they have been advised to self-isolate. If any of these scenarios apply, work may be postponed.
- If clients do not wish to interact with us socially, we understand entirely, and we would respect our clients decision.
- All existing and new appointments, project inspection, site meetings and surveys will continue, and we are happy to hold meetings in your garden as opposed to inside the house. Alternatively, we have the tools at our disposal to undertake virtual appointments without social interaction. These tools include a variety of communications, uploading photos and client portals.
- We will wash our hands both before and after appointments and where possible, carry hand wipes and sanitisers.
- In the extreme circumstance that we are required to close the office, we will implement contingency plans to enable our services to continue.
- The safety and health of both our team and those we meet and work for are paramount. Therefore, we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients, staff and sub-contractors.
We remain at your disposal if you would like to discuss any aspect of our safe working practices, please do not hesitate to contact our team.
Issued 16th January 2021